Killer Snails Awarded Patent for Extended Reality Learning Platform
We are proud to announce the grant of Patent Number 11,763,691 for “Method and Learning System Platform for Extended Reality Digital Hybrid Education.” The patent marks a significant milestone, highlighting Killer Snails' commitment to advancing children's educational experiences through cutting-edge technology and innovative teaching methods.
As of 2019, women comprised only 13 percent of all inventor-patentees in the United States; the Killer Snails leadership team– Jessica Ochoa Hendrix, CEO and co-founder, and Dr. Mandë Holford, co-founder–is honored to add to that number.
Killer Snails' patented integrated learning system transforms children's learning experiences by seamlessly combining a virtual world, individualized journal and educator dashboard with real-time updates. This system provides progressive education tailored to each child's unique needs.
Key Features of the Integrated Learning System (Patent No. 11,763,691):
- **Virtual World:** Students engage in an immersive virtual environment for deeper understanding.
- **Individualized Journal:** Each student maintains a personalized digital journal.
- **Educator Dashboard:** Instructors access real-time insights into student progress, responses, and interactions.
- **Extended Reality (XR) Enabled:** Utilizes XR technology for deeper learning and differentiated assessments.
- **Real-Time Updates:** Keeps instructors informed of students' progress for data-driven decision-making to scaffold student learning.
- **Teacher-Student Messaging:** Facilitates seamless communication between educators and students.
- **Progress Tracking:** Allows students to revisit or progress based on their choices.
The method and learning system platform for extended reality digital hybrid education was developed with Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) funding from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences at the National Institutes of Health.