2018 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Recipients of the Year!
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), New York District Office, named Jessica Ochoa-Hendrix, Mandë Holford and Lindsay Portnoy of Killer Snails LLC as the 2018 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Recipients of the Year!
We were thrilled to receive this honor! The full press release can be found here, and here are a few more pictures of us at the ceremony at Times Square.
Mandë, Jessica and Lindsay were delighted to accept this honor!
The ceremony was wonderful and included honors for companies that we knew already like the Charter School Business Management (Jessica has known these great folks for 9 years now!) and companies we met for the first time like Incausa, a small social enterprise that acts as a pro bono mediator for Indigenous productions, connecting their trade to the international market without profit share.
- Raj D. Thakkar, Charter School Business Management | Small Business Person of the Year
- Joe and Lauren Grimm, Grimm Artisanal Ales | Young Entrepreneurs of the Year
- Vinicius Vieira de Vieira and Carolina M. Vieira, Incausa | Micro Business of the Year
- Jessica Ochoa-Hendrix, Mandë Holford and Lindsay Portnoy, Killer Snails LLC | SBIR/STTR Recipients of the Year
- Frank Jr. and Tom Scarangello, Scaran Oil Co. | Jeffrey Butland Family-owned Business of the Year
- Andrew Hoan, President & CEO, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce | Small Business Champion
- Delia A. Awusi, BOC WBC | Women's Business Center of Excellence
- Erica Chase-Gregory, Small Business Development Center at Farmingdale State College | Small Business Development Center for Excellence and Innovation